- flexible arrangement possibilities,
- trouble free functionality,
- closed containment to eliminate dust infiltration,
- large capacity; (a whopping 4.1 cubic feet per case),
- can be reconfigured and re purposed,
- handsome design, flawless craftsmanship,
- sturdy dovetailed construction – built to last,
- built in the USA (Brooklyn NY) from locally sourced hardwood,
- available in several sizes to accommodate various platform beds,
- offered in cherry, walnut and maple, with maple sides standard; optional cherry or walnut sides available too,
- contains no MDF (medium density fiberboard – a source of hazardous formaldehyde off gassing)
Our underbed storage system adapts any of our platform beds into a storage bed. We feel that this design approach has several advantages over the usual captain’s bed.
The cases can be easily removed from under the bed. The cases glide on trouble free omni-directional wheels that easily roll over carpet and hard floors effortlessly. The functionality does not rely on structure built into the bed frame that can get stuck due to misalignment or wear (or overfilling of the drawer).
Each case, crafted with precisely dovetailed corners, comes fitted with a sliding cover panel that shields the contents from dust infiltration keeping the contents fresh and clean
Our under bed cases each provide 4.1 cubic feet of storage so that 2 cases have a capacity larger than one of our seven drawer dressers, at a fraction of the cost. A Queen size bed can easily accommodate four of our cases; 16.4 cubic feet. We can also make one fit to the front of the bed based on the size of the platform bed you choose.
Our Blanket Chest, crafted from solid cherry, measures 5 feet wide and is a perfect companion for our platform storage beds. The Blanket Chest picture with our Waverly Platform Storage Bed measures 60″ wide, as wide as the Queen size bed and provides 9.5 Cubic feet of storage space. We make the bottom panel of the blanket chest from aromatic red cedar (Juniperus virginiana) which repels moths making our Blanket chest ideal for storage of woolens. We also make our cedar lined blanket chests from walnut