The idea began over 30 years ago, with the opening of a small mattress shop in the Bay Area. A few years later Berkeley Ergonomics was born through the co-operation of Colin Hunter and Mike Lavin – experienced professionals who now each have 35 years experience in the design and sales of innovative sleep systems. Together they developed the fundamental concepts of natural mattresses, free from harmful chemicals, which continues today.
The cornerstone of Berkeley Ergonomics designs and philosophies is product performance. If a product doesn’t meet the highest performance standards, they simply don’t buy it. In order to achieve the highest level of performance from a mattress, Berkeley Ergonomics purchased components from European suppliers where performance and certified purity are placed ahead of branding and marketing. They now partnering with 7 of the strongest, most reputable component manufacturers in Europe. It is our belief that this is the only way to provide clients with consistently superior sleep solutions. These beds are a unique blend of ortho-engineering and high quality touches. All the design elements work together to provide:
- Individual support and comfort in any sleeping position
- Optimal body conformity and spinal alignment
- Hygienic and dry sleeping climate through excellent breathability
- Certified purity — Öeko-Tex certificates confirm that all our materials conform to the strictest European standard for harmful substances and chemicals in mattresses
- Hypo-allergenic and beneficial to allergy sufferers
- Long lasting and exceptionally durable
- Quiet sleep with far less motion — you can move without disturbing your partner: no roll-together
- Choice of different firmnesses in one cover — no compromising individual comfort
- No need to flip or turn mattress
The green aspect of Berkeley Ergonomics began by sourcing certified materials from suppliers with ecological awareness. They have even adapted these practices in their own office and factory: avoiding, reducing, and recycling waste whenever possible.
Having worked closely with Scott Jordan Furniture, Berkeley Ergonomics guarantees a buying experience that is based on sound and personal advice from well educated, expert sales people. Our sleep solutions incorporate not only comfort and alignment, but easy breathing and a holistic approach to sleep as a vital part of a human’s well being. Visit Scott Jordan Furniture today at 137 Varick St in New York City, corner of Spring and Varick, or call us at 212 620 4682 and work with one of our mattress experts.
Berkeley Ergonomics - Natural, Organic Mattresses - Made in the USA
Dressers from our Brooklyn Workshop.